Wednesday, March 23, 2016

For The First Time Ever...I'm Doing A Thing

And that thing is....*drum roll, please*....plotting.

Yes, for 25 years I have been what writers refer to as a pantser, ie. a person who writes by the seat of their pants. I have never in my life plotted, made notes, researched, wrote out character notes. None of that. I would get a story in my head and write. Within a few weeks I'd have a book. And some of the characters would have 5 different names because I couldn't remember what name I gave them the first time, events would happen that I could never find again to edit. There was even one part where I changed the book completely halfway through and couldn't figure out what was supposed to change and what was supposed to go.

Well now, so I don't have to deal with that headache again, I'm plotting. I'm making notes. I'm researching. As of 5 minutes ago, I was writing out character profiles. I only have 6 actual characters in the whole book, and only 3 of them are main characters, but hey, I need all the help I can get.



You could scour the internet for worksheets, tips, and the like but here's one I used from over at Writer's Write.

There's always a bunch of good stuff at Writer's Write and I visit it regularly. This is the first time I've actually used some of their tips and tricks and so far it's going pretty good.

OH! And the site contains much more info than just about writing. There's stuff for readers, gamers, movies, really anything in the entertainment world can be found at Writer's Write.

Do you have any websites you use as a resource? Share them in the comments below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What me to address a certain topic? Have an opinion? Share it! I want to know what you have to say.